- 6 slice thick-cut bacon (* we recomend Beaverdam bacon http://www.beaverdamfreshfarms.com/)
- 2 medium leeks
- pizza dough
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ c. mascarpone
- 1½ c. shredded mozzarella
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate; set aside. Drain all but a very thin layer of bacon fat from pan. Add leeks to pan and sauté until soft, about 12 minutes. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- Preheat oven, with pizza stone set on lowest rack, to 500 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface and using a rolling pin, flatten dough to a 12-inch circle that's 1/2 inch thick. Drizzle crust with olive oil and sprinkle on garlic powder.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread a thin layer of mascarpone on the crust. Sprinkle on half the mozzarella, then top with reserved leeks and bacon. Sprinkle on Parmesan and remaining mozzarella. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, 10 to 12 minutes. Let sit 2 minutes before slicing